- Obernai (Just outside Strassbourg)
- Colmar (of course). Easy car parking along Rue Turenne in the very centre. The tourst-train circulating the town is actually sharing interesting information along the trip.
- Riquewihr - Great for strolling around.
- Kaysersberg - as everywhere; good food and caf'és
- Bergheim - Small village. Great favorite restaurant.
- Mulhouse -nothing special really. Skip it.
- Haut Koenigsbourg, an old castle tore down by the Swedes in 1633 and then rebuilt by Wilhelm II between 1900 - 1908
Bergheim - Wistub du Sommelier
Our top favorite Restaurant in Alsace so far!
Important: Do reserve a table in advance. It is surprisingly popular, the owners regularly have to dismiss some hungry guests who just try their luck when passing by.
Colmar 1 - Jean Yves Schillinger
A Michelin-Restaurant next to the water, In the "Petit Venice" area. Looks interesting and tempting. Haven't tried it yet.
Colmar 2 - L'Epicurien
Cheapo, nothing fantastic, but still decent and OK.
Kaysersberg - La Porte Haute
Simple and good.
More in the same village, you probably cannot go wrong here:
Colmar - Josef Cattin
Riquewihr - Hugel
Bergheim 1 - Cave De La Route Romaine
Small Family-business. Friendly, nice wine of course.
Bergheim 2 - Freyburger (Georges et Claude)
Obernai - Hotel Colombier.
Decent rooms, cheap, decent breakfast buffé.